Zen Cart eCommerce Shopping Cart
Zen Cart supports multiple payment, shipping, tax options, currencies and languages. The shopping cart supports an unlimited number of products and categories. The Zen Cart shopping cart provides a wide range of functionalities for setting prices, discounts, product sales, one-time charges, group discounts, quantity discounts, multiple shipping options and multiple currencies. Zen Cart is PayPal-Certified for PayPal Website Payments Pro, PayPal Express Checkout and supports over 150 other payment methods.
Establishing and managing customer relationships are simplified by using the Zen Cart tools, which enable the administrator to send newsletters to the customers on a regular basis, send email confirmations, provide gift certificates and create referral programs, and much more. Every on-line store can have a professionally designed custom website with full on-line sales capability. Many options that are not required by your store can be hidden and/or disabled altogether without any sacrifice in functionality.
Software upgrades to Zen Cart are easily accomplished without having to reload or redesign your store. The look and functionality of your on-line store is controlled by a built in modular template system. This type of design allows a fully customized on-line store without modifying the core system modules.
Admin Menu Sections
- My Store General information about your site.
- Minimum Values Defines minimum values for various options in validation of user input.
- Maximum Values Defines maximum values for various items that will appear on each page/in each block.
- Images Controls size of images on each page/each type of content.
- Customer Details Controls options to include in User Login/Registration and My Account pages.
- Shipping/Packaging General shipping information including locations, weight and size limits, etc.
- Product Listing Controls appearance of main Product Listing pages.
- Stock Control various options regarding stock control.
- Logging Controls how events are logged.
- E-Mail Options Various email configuration options.
- Attribute Settings Controls how product attributes are handled.
- GZip Compression Controls compression settings if the information is transmitted to the user's web browser in compressed format.
- Sessions Information about user sessions (such as whether they are stored in a file on the server or in a cookie on the browser).
- Regulations Provision of terms and conditions for customers.
- GV Coupons Various configuration options for the Gift Voucher module.
- Credit Cards Determine which credit cards to accept.
- Product Info Basic options controlling elements to include on Product Info page.
- Layout Settings Controls certain layout options.
- Website Maintenance Controls how your store appears to customers when it is down for maintenance.
- New Listing How and where certain product listing information for new listings are displayed.
- Featured Listing How and where certain product listing information for featured listings are displayed.
- All Listing How and where certain product listing information for all listings are displayed.
- Index Listing Whether certain items show on main page.
- Define Page Status Controls whether define pages editor text is used and whether a link to a certain page is displayed.
- EZ-Pages Settings Various options to configure the EZ-Pages; an easy way to add new pages of content.
- Categories/Products Create and edit products and categories.
- Product Types View and edit product types.
- Products Price Manager Edit product pricing by category.
- Option Name Manager View, edit, add and delete option names.
- Option Value Manager View, edit, add and delete option values.
- Attributes Controller View and edit product attributes.
- Downloads Manager View and edit certain information about downloadable items.
- Option Name Sorter View and edit sort order for option names.
- Option Value Sorter Change sort order for option values.
- Manufacturers View, add, edit or delete manufacturer information.
- Reviews Edit or delete customer supplied reviews.
- Specials View, edit or delete special pricing.
- Featured Products View, add, edit or delete featured products.
- SaleMaker View, add, edit or delete sales.
- Products Expected View or edit expected products.
- Payment Install, edit or disable payment processing systems.
- Shipping Install, edit or disable shipping methods.
- Order Total Install, edit or disable checkout totalizer items.
- Locations / Taxes
- Countries Defines every country and ISO-3166 2-letter and 3-letter country code. Also defines the address format for letters sent by postal mail.
- Zones Defines subdivisions of countries such as states/provinces or counties for tax or shipping purposes.
- Zones Definitions Create a zone for tax purposes.
- Tax Classes Used to differentiate between the types of tax calculations that apply to a given product.
- Tax Rates Create a specific tax rate for a zone.
- Currencies Add new currencies or edit existing ones.
- Languages Add additional language(s) in order to internationalize the output generated by Zen Cart.
- Orders Status Add names of new order status entries, edit existing order status name entries, or delete an order status name entry.
- Products Viewed List of the number of views of all products.
- Products Purchased List of products which have been purchased.
- Customer Orders-Total List of orders which have been placed.
- Products Low Stock List of items sorted by number available in stock, low to high.
- Customers Referral List of orders having a referral or coupon code.
- Template Selection Assigns a tempate to a language as the default for that language.
- Layout Boxes Controller Shows how and where certain side boxes are to be displayed.
- Banner Manager Manage various "fortune cookie"-type text banners.
- Send Email Compose a plaintext only (non-HTML) email message to be sent to a customer or a certain group of customers.
- Newsletter Manager Compose an HTML (with optional plaintext) email message to be sent to a customer or a certain group of customers.
- Server/Version Info Information about the web server and PHP running Zen Cart.
- Who's Online View certain information about the users who are currently connected to Zen Cart.
- Admin Settings View certain information about users who have administrator privileges on Zen Cart, or to grant administrator priveleges to certain users.
- Email Welcome View the welcome message sent by Zen Cart when a user first registers for an account.
- Store Manager Delete certain information from activity logs if they become too large (prior backup recommended).
- Developers Tool Kit Search system files (to make it easier to make customizations).
- EZ-Pages Add and remove special EZ-Pages pages which are easier to create or edit than standard PHP or HTML.
- Define Pages Editor Edit certain definition pages.
- Install SQL Patches Run SQL commands directly.
- Coupon Admin Manage discount coupons.
- Gift Certificates Queue View and release gift certificates which have been issued.
- Mail Gift Certificate Generate gift certificates and issue them by e-mail.
- Gift Certificates sent View gift vouchers which have been sent.
- Record Artists View, add, edit and delete recording artists.
- Record Companies View, add, edit and delete record companies.
- Music Genre View, add, edit and delete music genres.
- Media Manager View, add, edit and delete collection names, which may be assigned to products.
- Media Types View, add, edit and delete media type names and media types (like MP3, WAV etc.).
- Retrieved from "http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Administration".
- Category: Administration
- Categories & Sub-categories of Products
- Thumbnail & Detailed Product Photos
- Add to Cart
- Add to Wishlist
- Product Notification
- Tell a Friend
- Affiliate Program
- Read / Write Product Reviews
- Simple & Advanced Search
- Product Recommendations
- Product Accessories
- News Desk
- FAQ Desk
- New Products
- Sale Products
- Best Sellers
- View Cart & Secure Checkout
- Account Registration & Login
- View Purchase History
- View Order Status
- Multiple Payment Options
- Multiple Shipping Options
Optional Addon Modules
- Admin tools (119)
- Buttons And Graphics (65)
- Language Packe (54)
- Marketing Tools (73)
- Other Modules (214)
- Payment Modules (152)
- Pricing Tools - (13)
- Privacy And Condition Statements - (3)
- Product Types - (6)
- Shipping Modules - (60)
- Side Boxes - (109)
- Template Alterations (58)
- Trouble Shooting Tools (8)
- Zones - (35)